Be part of the Leadership Lab Inaugural Class starting in June 2018!
- Participation is limited to 15 individuals.
- Applications available in March 2018.
This exclusive, yearlong experience is designed for Arizona school board members who want to grow their knowledge base, leadership competencies, advocacy skills and network to extend their influence and impact within and beyond their local communities.
What makes the ASBA Learning Lab so unique?
It’s an intensive, highly interactive, relevant and authentic group learning experience designed to result in outcomes tailored to each participant’s own goals.
Every Leadership Lab graduate will emerge with an actionable Leadership Growth Plan to guide their current and future service, leadership and impact.
Each Learning Lab session includes issue education, skill-building, and self-work and personal reflection.
The curriculum covers a range of pertinent social and public policy issues that impact public education.
All learning sessions are led by a diverse faculty from the public, private and non-profit sectors and facilitated by the ASBA Leadership Lab staff.
We go on field trips!
Alumni benefit from opportunities create connections and pathways and further their impact as a network of graduates statewide.
Who should apply?
School board members who are curious, reflective, ambitious, open, flexible, committed to positive change, and, above all, believe the success of public education is the cornerstone for building Arizona’s future.
In addition, participants must:
- Be currently serving members of an ASBA member district governing board.
- Have completed ASBA’s New Board Member Orientation (may be completed concurrently).
- Agree to attend all five sessions, a commitment of approximately 50 in-person learning hours over the course of a year (CEUs are awarded).
- Be willing to complete the homework and reading necessary to prepare for each session.
Participants selected for the inaugural class will possess diverse backgrounds and points of view and will be expected to share those to add richness and depth to the learning experiences of others.
What is the time commitment?
With the exception of the orientation and VIP dinner, each Learning Lab session will be a full day on Friday (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.), with an optional group dinner, and a half-day Saturday (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.). Participants must attend all sessions to graduate.
Where will Leadership Lab sessions be held?
To enable authentic learning experiences, sessions will be held in a variety of locations throughout Arizona that relate to the topics covered.
What is the cost?
The cost of this yearlong, 50 CEU program, including all curricular materials, plus snacks and lunch each day, is $950 per person. Participants are responsible for travel and lodging costs (at a reduced ASBA rate), as well as optional Friday night dinners.
What is the timeline?
– March 2018 – Applications available and detailed Lab schedule posted
– April 2018 – Applications due and Inaugural Leadership Lab Class selected
– June 2018 – Orientation and welcome dinner with VIP guest (in conjunction with Summer Leadership Institute)
– September 2018 – Second session
– November 2018 – Third session
– January 2019 – Fourth session
– May 2019 – Fifth and final session
– June 2019 – Graduation (at Summer Leadership Institute) and mixer with Leadership Lab Class II