Join the ASBA Family
The Arizona School Boards Association is a private, nonprofit organization that serves public school leaders throughout Arizona and is dedicated to continuous improvement of student success. The association employs an executive director, five department directors, and professional and administrative support staff responsible for assisting Arizona school boards in advocacy, leadership and governance, and legal and policy services. ASBA provides employees with competitive salary and benefits packages, and opportunities for professional training and development. The Arizona School Boards Association is an equal opportunity employer.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: Board Support Specialist (View Full Job Description)
We’re adding to our team! What is a day in the life of the ASBA Board Support Specialist like? It’s helping members of Arizona school district governing boards work through challenges and seize opportunities. It’s working with creative colleagues to plan workshops, conferences, events and webinars – all to help board and superintendent teams be the best they can be for the students and communities they serve. If this inspires you, you embrace teamwork and you thrive in a mission-driven environment, take a look! This could be the position for you.
The Arizona School Boards Association seeks a Board Support Specialist to contribute to ASBA’s mission of cultivating excellence in locally governed school districts.
The specialist will work in a cross-functional environment with other members of ASBA’s mission-driven professional staff and contribute to the success of the association and its member boards through:
- Locally tailored, onsite individualized board training, facilitation and strategic planning.
- Consultation on governance and leadership issues.
- Planning content and implementing and delivering programming for ASBA workshops, conferences, events, webinars and other group training events.
- Development and growth of ASBA’s governance and leadership tools, resources and communications that support school boards/leadership teams in their work.
- Supporting as appropriate the association’s strategic goals on leadership development, advocacy and organizational equity.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of introduction with a current resume to Tracey Benson, Associate Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include position title in the subject line.
Review of resumes will begin immediately.
Three professional references will be requested of all candidates who interview for the position.