ASAP supports and offers resources to district staff who provide administrative support to governing boards and/or superintendents.
The mission of the Arizona School Administrative Professionals (ASAP) is to develop training, peer support networks and recognition programs that address common needs and concerns of school administrative professionals. This professional group was developed in consultation with governing board administrative assistants from throughout the state.
- Elevate and promote professional standards, including a code of conduct.
- Mentor individuals new to the position.
- Develop a communication network that enables sharing of timely and relevant information and best practices.
- Increase awareness of the vital role of professional development in effectiveness, staff retention and job satisfaction.
- Influence and inform the content and delivery of professional development provided by ASBA to administrative professionals.
The ASAP listserv is a resource for board and superintendent secretaries from across Arizona. This tool will enable board and superintendent administrative professionals to connect electronically with all those in the group to ask questions, share best practices and provide support to one another.
As you use the listserv, please remember:
- Questions and conversations should be “workplace” appropriate.
- The listserv will be monitored by ASBA and questions about the group can be directed to us at the below email addresses.
Join the listserv here.
ASBA has designated two events annually that will have sessions and topics specifically developed for board/superintendent administrative assistants. Each year the following events will have ASAP tracks with professional development curated from a survey of administrative professionals:
- Board Operations and Leadership Training (BOLTS)
- Summer Leadership Institute (SLI)
ASAP High Five Award:
To receive this designation, board secretaries, yearly, must:
- Update the district’s profile in the ASBA database
- Participate in the ASAP listserv
- Register for and attend an ASAP specific webinar
ASAP Professional Development Recognition:
Attend ASBA events for continuing education units. Board secretaries have two categories under which they can earn CEUs:
Core Content: This content is developed specifically for board secretaries and is delivered during BOLTS and Summer Leadership Institute.
Elective Content: This includes any ASBA content not specifically designed for ASAP professionals but cannot exceed the numbers of hours earned in core content.
CEUs accrued and awards are presented per the following schedule:
- Level 1: 5 hours
- Level 2: 20 hours
- Level 3: 35 hours
- Level 4: 50 hours
- Level 5: 65 hours
When was the last time you provided a special training for your classified staff? Book a customer service training that focuses on creating a welcoming environment using a customer-focus approach.
Customize your training with the following session topics:
- Customer Focus
- Office Culture and Employee Morale
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Standards and Welcoming Environment
- How to Listen and Communicate with Others
- Communicating the Right Message to Market Your School
This fun and interactive training is intended for classified school front office staff but can also be used for all other classified employees in your school district. This training is offered as a 4-hour, 3-hour or 2-hour format. There is no limit to the number of employees in your session.
We come to you and do all the work! So how about scheduling a training for spring or even a summer retreat? Book your training today!
For more information please email Ellen White, ASBA Director of Business & Conferences at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602.254.1100.