ASBA Celebrates and Honors Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day!
The ASBA Black Alliance is an official group within the Arizona School Boards Association that focuses on the school board’s role in improving opportunities and outcomes for Black students through activities that:
- Enhance understanding of equity in education.
- Improve service delivery to ASBA members around equity in education.
- Improve recruitment of leaders who reflect the demographics of their communities.
- Increase member access to public education allies for underrepresented students.
- Increase cultural and social competence among public education leaders and partners.
Membership is open to any individual, regardless of their race, ethnicity, culture or origin, with a sincere desire to improve educational opportunities and outcomes for students in Arizona.
Black Alliance Officers are president, Berdetta Hodge, Tempe Union HSD, vice president, Kiana Sears, Mesa USD and Lindsay Love, Chandler USD, remains on the officer team as immediate past president.