Thank You for All You Do for Students!
ASBA staff would like to thank you for everything you do to support Arizona students throughout the year!
As you give thanks with your family and friends, know that we appreciate your work to improve students’ academic success, increase their opportunities for growth and advocate for your students and the future of Arizona public education.
Get Ready for What’s New at the ASBA-ASA Annual Conference!
Get ready to level up your educational leadership game at the ASBA-ASA 66th Annual Conference – Game Plan for Success: Mastering the Education Playbook: School Leadership Edition! Hear from event emcee Greg Offner in the video about this unforgettable event.
New This Year:
- A 10% discount for active military and veterans
- A toy drive for the holidays
- VIP Keynote Speakers Marc Brackett, Ph.D., and D.J. Vanas
- Game Changers Unplugged: A Fireside Chat with Sporting Icons
- An Artificial Intelligence Panel
- Student performances each day
- The ASBA Inaugural Sunrise Fun Run/Walk
- A conference app
- A student drumline competition
- School spirit days
- A Sneaker Ball
- A conference app
- Fun conference energizers
- The Pre-Conference – Playbook for School Leadership: Governance Edition
Get ready for a memorable experience at the ASBA-ASA Annual Conference!
FREE ASBA PolicyBridge Regional Trainings for Super Users in 2024
Hey, Super Users! Are you ready to take your knowledge and leadership to the next level without spending a dime? ASBA PolicyBridge Regional Trainings are here, and they won’t cost you a cent.
Why ASBA PolicyBridge Regional Training is a Super User’s Dream (for Free!): ASBA Policy Bridge is your express lane to mastering education policies, governance and leadership. Our regional trainings are designed with Super Users in mind, offering the latest insights and strategies for navigating the dynamic education landscape, and the best part? They are absolutely FREE!
Here’s Why Super Users Shouldn’t Miss Out:
✅ Learn from the Best for Free: Gain wisdom from the ASBA policy experts with extensive experience in educational governance without any cost.
✅ Hands-On Workshops: Roll up your sleeves and dive into interactive workshops and group discussions that match your skill level, all at no expense.
✅ Expand Your Super Network for Free: Connect with fellow Super Users, share your experiences and build a powerful professional network.
✅ Stay Ahead of the Game (for Free!): Keep your edge with the most up-to-date trends and policies in the education arena, all for free.
✅ Customized for Super Users (Did We Mention It’s Free?): Our content is tailored to meet the unique needs of those who already know the ropes, and yes, it’s still FREE!
📅 Upcoming 2024 Regional Trainings:
Feb. 7 – Tolleson UHSD
April 11 – Sunnyside USD
April 12 – Tombstone USD
June 10 – Holbrook USD
June 11 – Prescott USD
Registration will open in early 2024 at https://azsba.org/events-asba/
Register Your Students for Read To The Final Four!
ASBA is partnering with the 2024 Men’s Final Four Arizona Host Committee‘s Read To The Final Four to build students’ interest in reading, and you will see them at the ASBA-ASA Annual Conference as a major sponsor.
At ASBA we love a good reading challenge. With the 2024 Men’s Final Four® coming to Phoenix on April 5-8, 2024, we want your third-grade students to become champion readers.
Read To The Final Four gives Arizona 3rd Graders a unique opportunity to get engaged with the 2024 NCAA Men’s Final Four at no cost, while fostering a lifelong love of reading!
The minutes your students read can win your school the ultimate cash prize and a 2024 Men’s Final Four® experience.
Please encourage your third-grade teachers to sign up their classes today at phoenixfinalfour.com/read.
The program started in 2016 and has already tracked +121 million minutes read over 145 thousand students! Mary C. O’Brien Elementary in Casa Grande was the 2017 winner!
How it Works!
- Register your readers, start reading, and log their minutes! This is the only part you do – we take care of the rest!
- The average number of minutes read per student, per school, is calculated! Schools are recognized at milestones throughout the competition!
- The Top 68 schools are invited to participate in a challenge bracket mimicking the Men’s Final Four. Each week winners are announced to advance to the next bracket culminating with The Final Four!
- Final Four schools are invited to The Men’s Final Four Fan Fest on Friday, April 5, 2024 where the Read To The Final Four champion school is announced! Then, all four schools bus to Reese’s Final Four Friday at State Farm Stadium where The Final Four Men’s Basketball teams will practice followed by the College All-Star game!
Why 3rd Grade?
- Students who develop good reading habits by third grade receive higher test scores and are less likely to drop out of school.
- Low reading levels are attributed to the national poverty level.
- Fostering a love of reading at any early age will benefit a child throughout their lifetime!
Watch our Read To The Final Four Kick-Off!
Ready to get in the game? Registration is quick and easy!
Click here to register now!
To the joy of reading!