Student awards & scholarships
Applications for all student scholarships open Feb. 1, 2024 and close March 29, 2024. The ASBA Annual Student Artwork contest online form opens between Aug. 1 and Oct. 31, 2023.
High school seniors in ASBA member districts may apply for the three scholarships that are offered each year.
Unleash Your Creativity! Share your students’ creativity with Arizonans statewide with the ASBA Annual Student Artwork Contest. Art created by pre-K through 12th grade students in ASBA member districts is eligible for the contest.
“Artistic expression is a powerful tool for growth and understanding, it empowers students to communicate their unique perspectives and engage with the world around them. Our student art contest aims to cultivate this creativity while celebrating the diverse talents across the Arizona school community,” said Mr. Devin Del Palacio, ASBA Executive Director. “We believe in the transformative power of the arts in education, and this program is a testament to our commitment to fostering an environment where students can express themselves, innovate, and shape their futures in vibrant colors.”
Submit your students’ entries through an online form on ASBA’s website between Aug. 1 and Oct. 31, 2023. See below for all submission details.
The finalists artwork will be selected to be displayed at the ASBA-ASA Annual Conference, on the walls of the ASBA office in Phoenix and will be showcased in the ASBA Journal Magazine, ASBA Connect e-newsletter and on ASBA social media. Selected winners will receive a $100 Visa Gift card and a $100 donation to their school’s art department and/or art program.
Let your imagination run wild and take us on a journey through your creativity. The theme for this year’s contest is “Imagination Unleashed,” and we encourage you to explore the boundless world of your thoughts, dreams, and ideas. From fantastical creatures to futuristic cityscapes, the possibilities are endless!
- Only students who have submitted complete entry materials will be considered.
- Students in ASBA member districts are eligible for the contest.
- Entry is FREE. Limited to one submission per participant.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional.
- Artwork size must not exceed 18×24″.
- Categories include: Paintings (oil, acrylics, watercolor, etc.) Drawings (colored pencil, pencil, ink, marker, pastel and charcoal).
- Mixed Media: Use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc. will be accepted.
Get Inspired and Get Started!
- Click HERE to fill out the form and submit your artwork
- Capture a high-resolution photograph of your artwork for digital submissions
- Digital submissions only are required
- Creativity and Originality
- Technical Skill and Execution
- Adherence to the Theme
- Impactful Storytelling
Submit your students’ entries through an online form on ASBA’s website between Aug. 1 and Oct. 31, 2023.
Winners will be notified no later than Nov. 6, 2023. For additional questions please contact Jade Frazier, ASBA Multimedia Communications Manager at email@example.com or call 602. 254. 1100.