Monday, January 27, 2020
- HB 2013 schools; student promotions (Fillmore) passed 6-5. ASBA is opposed.
- HB 2015 schools; supplemental materials; approval (Fillmore) passed as amended 6-5. ASBA is opposed.
- HB 2108 college course credit; dual enrollment (Udall) passed 10-0. ASBA supports.
- HB 2119 schools; academic credits; transfer (Udall) passed as amended 10-1. ASBA is monitoring.
- HB 2438 college credit by examination; appropriations (Udall) passed 6-5. ASBA supports.
- HB 2625 civics celebration day; civics education (Bolick) passed 11-0. ASBA is monitoring.
- HB 2682 schools; instruction; Holocaust; genocides (A. Hernandez) passed 10-0. ASBA is monitoring.
- HB 2684 crisis management team; underperforming districts (Udall) passed 10-0. ASBA is neutral.
- HCR 2001 English language education; requirements (Fillmore) passed 10-1. ASBA supports.
Save the Date: Rural Advocacy Day
February 17, 2020
Advocacy Day 2020 will have a special focus on issues faced by remote and rural school districts. Registration is FREE and open to board members, superintendents, and others who want to sharpen their advocacy skills.