Thursday, January 30, 2020
Passed Senate Third Read
- SB 1036 empowerment scholarships; third-party administrator; repeal (S. Allen) passed 30-0. ASBA is monitoring.
- SB 1048 schools; employees; employment; discipline (Brophy McGee) passed 30-0. ASBA supports.
- SB 1060 special education; group b weights (S. Allen) passed 28-2. ASBA supports.
- SB 1061 schools; parental rights; posting (S. Allen) passed 30-0. ASBA is monitoring.
- SB 1100 STO report; DOR posting; deadline (Mesnard) passed 30-0. ASBA is monitoring.
Save the Date: Rural Advocacy Day
February 17, 2020
Advocacy Day 2020 will have a special focus on issues faced by remote and rural school districts. Registration is FREE and open to board members, superintendents, and others who want to sharpen their advocacy skills.