Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- SB 1023 plans; safe schools (Brophy McGee) passed as a strike-everything amendment 9-0. ASBA is neutral.
- SB 1356 civics test; passing score (S. Allen) passed 9-0. ASBA is neutral.
- SB 1393 education programs; county jails; appropriation (Carter) passed 9-0. ASBA supports.
- SB 1444 schools; excused absences; mental health (Bowie) passed 9-0. ASBA is neutral.
- SB 1445 suicide prevention training; school employees (Bowie) passed 9-0. ASBA is neutral.
- SB 1454 schools; incentive program; dual enrollment (Navarrete) passed 9-0. ASBA supports.
- SB 1491 literacy; dyslexia; screening; appropriations (Boyer) passed 9-0. ASBA supports.
Next Monday: Rural Advocacy Day!
February 17, 2020
Advocacy Day 2020 will have a special focus on issues faced by remote and rural school districts. Registration is FREE and open to board members, superintendents, and others who want to sharpen their advocacy skills.