Tuesday, February 4, 2020
- SB 1122 school consolidation elections; majority vote (S. Allen) passed 6-3. ASBA is opposed.
- SB 1146 schools; seizure management; treatment plans (Kerr) passed 9-0. ASBA is opposed.
- SB 1209 students; data; accessibility; governance commission (Pace) passed as amended 9-0. ASBA is neutral.
- SB 1224 empowerment scholarships; qualified schools; reservations (S. Allen) passed 6-3. ASBA is opposed.
- SB 1292 financial literacy; state treasurer; fund (S. Allen) passed 9-0. ASBA is neutral.
- SB 1357 schools; access; instructional materials; review (S. Allen) passed as amended 5-4. ASBA is opposed.
Save the Date: Rural Advocacy Day
February 17, 2020
Advocacy Day 2020 will have a special focus on issues faced by remote and rural school districts. Registration is FREE and open to board members, superintendents, and others who want to sharpen their advocacy skills.