Diversity, equity and inclusion are high priority for today’s school leaders, but the time has come to do more than talk about these issues. The question is, where do you start?
ASBA’s one–of–a–kind, interactive workshop, tailored to school board members and district leaders, will generate ideas and help you discover pathways towards a more equitable and inclusive space for students, families and staff.
This workshop will take place during two three-hour segments over two consecutive days, offering flexibility for you to participate and still have time to complete your daily work.
Participants will gain knowledge and insight as well as a workbook designed to support you as you work to lead for equity.
Key takeaways from this workshop include:
- Foundational Premises of Educational Equity
- Preparing for the Work of Equity
- Defining Equity Within Your Community
- Digging Into Data
- Practicing Cultural Awareness, Humility and Agility
- Embedding Equity System-Wide
- Demonstrating Your Commitment
Part 1: Nov. 9, 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. Arizona (9am-12pm PST)
Part 2: Nov. 10, 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. Arizona (9am-12pm PST)
- Heidi Otero, ASBA Director of Communications
- Nikki Whaley, ASBA Board Support and Training Specialist
- Julie Bacon, ASBA Board Support and Training Specialist
Promotional Pricing: $75 for ASBA members, includes both session and the workbook ($100 for non-members)
Register by Nov. 1, 2020.
Questions? Nikkie Whaley at email@example.com or 602-254-1100.