School Board Service Webinar – Interested in Running for School Board?
February 13 @ 6:00 pm - November 10 @ 7:00 pm
The Arizona School Boards Association is committed to quality leadership and advocacy for children in public schools. We know the best way to guarantee a quality school in every Arizona community is a well-functioning, locally elected school board. As such, we are dedicated to supporting the efforts of potential and future school board governing members.
The Arizona School Boards Association is solely responsible for this advertisement. The Arizona School Boards Association is an association of school districts authorized under Arizona Revised Statutes section 15-342 and a non-profit organization organized under section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code. The Arizona School Boards Association is non-partisan and seeks to promote public education, local control of education and school board governance. School board members, whose school districts make up the Arizona School Boards Association’s membership, are elected or appointed, non-partisan and serve for no remuneration.
School Board Service Webinar - Interested in Running for School Board?
|02/13/2020||School Board Service Webinar - General Overview||6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.||Register here|
|03/25/2020||School Board Service Webinar - Getting on the Ballot, Fundraising, and Campaigning||6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.||Register here|
|11/10/2020||School Board Service Webinar - I was Elected: What Now?||6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.||Register here|
Thursday, February 13, 6-7 pm
1. General Overview
- Intro of ASBA and Thank you for considering service on a school board
- Legal Basis for School Boards
- What do School Boards Do?
- Qualifications for board service
- The Basics of Board Service
- Team Member Roles in School districts
- Rewards of Board Service
Wednesday, March 25, 6-7 pm
1. Getting on the Ballot, Fundraising, and Campaigning
- Running for School Board: Legal Requirements for getting on the ballot
- What happens once I am on the ballot?
- Campaigning 101
- Getting your name out
- Campaign Materials (website, social media sites, signs, direct mail, phone calls and walks, automated calls or robo calls
Tuesday, November 9, 6-7 pm
1. I was Elected: What Now?
- What Can I Do Now? (participating in meetings, executive sessions, board updates, etc.)
- ASBA’s New Board Member Orientation Program
- District Onboarding (see onboarding tool)
- Organizational Meeting