For more than three decades, ASBA has put the spotlight on those districts with a proven record of achieving excellence through their educational initiatives by awarding the prestigious ASBA Golden Bell Promise Programs Award to the educators and administrators who create and implement them. This award recognizes school initiatives from throughout the state that maximize the promise in each and every student and have shown outstanding student growth and success.
Initiatives selected to receive the Golden Bell Promise Programs Award must be student-oriented, have made a significant difference in student growth and success and demonstrate district leadership in the management of the initiative.
This year, awards are presented in four categories:
- Elementary (pre-k through grade 8)
- High School (grades 9-12)
- Excellence in Collaboration
A single award will be presented in each category.
The awards are presented at the Golden Bell Promise Programs Luncheon at the ASBA-ASA Annual Conference. The first-place winners in each category are invited to present their program at one of the breakout sessions on Thursday afternoon following the Golden Bell Promise Programs Award Luncheon.
The initiative must meet the criteria stated above. In addition:
- The nomination must show implementation dates to indicate the initiative has been in operation for at least one-year.
- Winners must be able to present an afternoon breakout session at the ASBA-ASA Annual Conference.
- The official, online entry form must be completed fully.
By a panel of higher education administrators.
Completed nomination/entry materials are being accepted now through 5 p.m. on Friday, October 26, 2018.