The ASBA Student Photography Contest recognizes student achievement in black-and-white and color photography. A selection committee chooses the winners, who are recognized at the ASBA-ASA Annual Conference in December.
Entries must be created by students in grades K-12 who are enrolled in an Arizona school district that is a member of the Arizona School Boards Association (view a list of member districts)
Winners will receive a certificate acknowledging the honor, a framed enlargement of their winning entry, and recognition during the opening ceremonies of the ASBA-ASA Annual Conference. Winning entries will also be published on the ASBA website and in the association’s member magazine. A monetary award will be presented to the school of contest winners in the 9-12 Category with the funds dedicated to support student photography.
General Rules: For K-8 Category and 9-12 Category
Entries will be judged in two categories: K-8 and 9-12. The following general rules apply to students in grades K-8 and 9-12. The general theme of the contest is “Arizona Outdoors.” Images may include, but are not limited to, landscapes, cityscapes, nature photography and architectural photography. Indoor studio photography is not allowed. View last year’s submissions, on Flickr (9-12) & Flickr (K-8).
- Work entered may not have been awarded a prize in another contest.
- Limit one entry per student.
- Both color and black-and-white submissions are acceptable.
- Entries must be submitted in 8×10 or larger digital format (jpeg/jpg), with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- All entries must be submitted digitally (jpeg/jpg), using the form below.
- The contest entry image file must be named, “LastName_FirstName_Entry1.jpg”.
- An official entry form must be filled out, and submitted online for each student entry.
- All work must be received by, 5 p.m. on Friday, October 26, 2018.