ASBA is your one-stop-shop for superintendent searches. From helping your board become search ready, to launching a statewide or nationwide search, to assisting you with a smooth transition post-search – we’ve got you covered. ASBA offers a wide range of search services, from comprehensive searches to fill a current or future superintendent position, to assisting governing boards seek an interim superintendent when necessary. Please be advised that once a search posting is closed no additions or alterations to a file will be accepted.
Executive Search For Board
The ASBA application process is ONLINE and easily accessible. Applicants find the process easy to navigate and search consultants are able to provide accurate and timely updates.
- Establish a search timeline to meet the specific needs of the district.
- Assist to determine the qualifications and criteria required for the position.
- Solicit staff and community input as determined by the board.
- Develop selection criteria for the position.
- Develop interview questions.
- Prepare an online search brochure.
- Prepare the online application.
- Announce the search process to community, staff and advertise the position nationally.
- Accept applications and answer all inquiries from candidates and media.
- Assist with board screening of applications.
- Schedule and arrange interviews, tours and community/staff forums.
- Ensure that all candidates meet the district profile and thoroughly complete the application.
- Facilitate a meeting with the board and new executive to set goals, review roles and responsibilities, review evaluation process and create communication expectations.
- Provide legal guidelines to the board for interviewing and running meetings.
- Assist the board to plan for site visits.
- Provide salary and benefit comparisons.
- Each school district is unique;
- Boards know their communities better than the ASBA consultant;
- Finding the right leadership match is critical to the success of the district;
- The superintendent selection process should provide opportunities to strengthen the relationship between the school district and the community; and
- Support should be offered before, during and after the search to support the success of the executive search process.
Pre & Post Search Services
Visit our Custom On-Site Trainings page to find out more about becoming search ready.
- Your board may need time to get “search ready” by ensuring there is agreement around the needs and goals of the district or by addressing conflicts that may negatively impact the search process.
- Your search may include conducting an internal search first before considering an external search, if credible candidates exist within the organization.
- Your search may also include an external search that welcomes internal candidates to apply on equal footing with others.
- Or, your search may include a comprehensive, national search. Particularly in external searches, it is essential that the search timeline takes into consideration, the time for transition, thus enabling candidates to provide adequate notice to their current organization before leaving.
Reasons to Choose ASBA
- We provide you a proven service with costs below market rates.
- We provide responses to questions and concerns during the search.
- We become the point of contact for all aspects of the search.
- We have a national network to help screen candidates from out of state.
- We utilize an online application system that provides immediate review throughout the search process.
- We offer pre and post search services to help build teamwork, improve communication and plan for success
- We will continue to serve you and the students of Arizona in all areas of governance.
- We assist the district to adhere faithfully to the Open Meeting Law of Arizona.
ASBA’s Job Search Website
Check it out now to build your profile. First time AppliTrack users will need to complete a one-time profile.
Interested in Interim Superintendent Positions?
If you are interested in being advised about openings that may occur in the state of Arizona for Interim Superintendent positions, please complete the form by clicking the button below. This is not for a specific Interim position, but rather to let ASBA know of your potential interest. Please be advised that ASBA periodically provides Districts with interim applicant contact information and applications when a position opening occurs.
Download ASBA Training Flyer
Take a look at just a few of the choices available below or customize your own training.
Looking for Salary Survey Reports?
To view Salary Survey reports, log into the ASBA eMembeship website and on the top navigation, click “documents”.
- Todd Flora
Colorado River Union High School District Superintendent
- Claudia Edgewater-Russell
Ganado Unified School District Superintendent
- Dr. Gregory Wyman
J O Combs Unified School District Superintendent
- Lemual Adson
Kayenta Unified School District Superintendent
- Timothy Mayclin
Naco Elementary School District Superintendent
- Stan Rentz
Payson Unified School District Superintendent
- James Phillips
Seligman Unified School District Superintendent
- Ron Thompson
Shonto Preparatory School Superintendent
- Risha Vanderwey
Tuba City Unified School District Superintendent